We’ve all heard the term SEO, which stands for search engine optimization, but what does it mean and how should we be using it? Many small businesses don’t use SEO to their advantage. SEO can determine whether you gain or lose a sale when customers search for your business online before buying. The right online marketing strategy and a few keywords could improve your ranking and set you apart from the competition without making a huge investment.
Daily Infographic has created a comprehensive “55 SEO Tips for Small Business Owners.” Must-know information like users’ behavior on Google, how SEO works with social media, the importance of page speed and how to optimize for mobile are included in this handy graphic.
The most effective tactics for businesses are said to be: content creation, keyword research, social media integration and link building. Below are some other key takeaways from the infographic that can help make or break a small business in today’s online landscape.
• Google is where it’s at. The search engine gets more than 100 billion searches a month.
• 89 percent of customers begin their buying process from a search engine.
• 80 percent of people research a company online before dealing with a small business directly.
• 72 percent of consumers who did a local search visited a store within five miles.
• Only 17 percent of small businesses are investing in SEO.
• Facebook produces 61 percent of all website visits generated on social media sites.
• An accepted loading time for a desktop website is three seconds; that number is reduced to two seconds for mobile.
• Nearly 40 percent of people search only on a smartphone in an average day.
• Mobile-responsive websites attract customers; 70 percent of all mobile searches lead to the consumer taking action within 60 minutes.
• 72 percent of marketers rate SEO as effective in lead generation and increasing web traffic.
• Content is the key to improving SEO on a website; updating and republishing old blog posts can increase organic traffic by 111 percent.
• Having video on your landing page increases the likelihood of showing up on the first page of Google by 53 percent.
• Businesses having a strong keyword in the name rank 1.5 spots higher than those without.
Investing in SEO is more important than ever before. Take some time to learn about what strategies would be best for your business or hire a marketing firm to help you implement SEO.
MidSouth Bank offers many services, from checking and savings accounts to direct deposit and business loans, to help grow your small business. Learn more.
**Sharing information from an outside source does not constitute an endorsement of the source. Some linked sites are not controlled by MidSouth Bank